Saturday 14 June 2014

Modern Medley Four Fold Card

2014_06_14,Amanda Bates,The Craft Spa 043

Seeing as these papers are on the Weekly Deals promotion this week. I thought I should pop on & share a card made using the retiring Modern Medley papers.

2014_06_14,Amanda Bates,The Craft Spa 040

So first the new one I made yesterday. I was immediately inspired to make a Four Fold card by this stunning card by Kirsten Andresen. I was up in my craft room about 5 minutes after I saw it!! I don’t think I have ever moved so fast to make something…. though it is my husbands birthday today… so I did have to make a special card for him in any case!!

Though I now have to laugh at myself… as I didn’t translate the page from German on Friday… so I didn’t “see” the link to the tutorial on Kirstens’ blog…so I googled it myself and luckily found the same tutorial by Jo back in Nov 2010!!

Jo in turn..gives a shout out for the inspiration from a mini book sample in a Art Specially Books publication… though hers was a modification of that mini book…

2014_06_14,Amanda Bates,The Craft Spa 039

And I in turn have modified it and added a belly band rather than Jo’s ribbon closure…well you know me and tying nice bows…! Not my best area of expertise…..

2014_06_14,Amanda Bates,The Craft Spa 037

So guess what everyone will be making in my workshops this month!!! Maybe longer!! Some will use it as a card…some as a mini book…flexible project! We like those… And you will see more versions of this here….loving it!! A ladies version next….

2014_06_14,Amanda Bates,The Craft Spa 035

Couple more retiring products used here… the Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon… and the Bring on the Cake stamp set…

And I ended up with a real Stamp Fest…. still loving my word stamps!!! I had originally planned on only stamping the belly band window frame and the inside back… but hey the stamp sets were out …so I just carried on…

And something new too… the stars are from the new Something to Say stamp set – and are punched out using the new Itty Bitty punches….all coming soon!!

And a tip…..frugal crafter style… the window frame was die cut from one of the 4 corner square scraps I cut out to form the card… it fit JUST…. then I used the 4 corners from that die cut piece to add as the corners on the inside back…. thought that made the inside back look like the window frame shape so make it all co-ordinate!!

Right… I am off… busy family weekend ahead… husbands birthday today…Fathers Day tomorrow… Enjoy your weekend too…

4 comments:

Aquarius said...

Clever card and it looks really good in the black and white papers

Jill said...

Ooh, that does look good especially in those lovely papers.

Anne said...

Missed this! Great card - another one I need to try :-) x

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks Amanda for crediting me and I must say that I really love your version. The addition of the band/sleeve is ideal and far superior to the ties I added as a closure.
Best Wishes
Jo