Saturday 21 March 2015

CAS Congratulations card for passing your driving test!

Easter Treats Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 001

Well I had a challenge on my hands today! Which turned out to be a lovely half hour designing and playing!!

One of my lovely team, Rebecca passed her driving test this week – and I thought a congratulations card was in order!

But the stamp cupboard proved very bare! Until I remembered the wonderful Bravo set – which has congratulations greetings in about every size you could want!!

Bravo Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

And then the idea for a ripped up learner L-plate struck me for an embellishment… and the new Sophisticated Serifs alphabet was out in any case… perfect…

Smaller L and a quick 1” square punch and it was done … though I ended up cutting the L-plate diagonally as ripping it just didn’t work for me!! Bit too random…

Sophisticated Serifs Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

But it still needed a little something…. so Sheltering Tree came to the rescue. Again that was out already too.

Have to admit that I LOVE to use the leaves/blossoms image around a plain white panel. Really subtle but just lifts the whole thing….

Sheltering Tree Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

And then the card was passed onto its new owner….

But as I had made it… I realised that these were the first driving test passing cards I have made ever!

And that I will start needing a lot of them from next year – yes Joe and all his friends will hit 17… WOW!! Where did that come from….

So I carried on , made another one & kept playing around to make a little trio. Simple but do the job I think!!

Easter Treats Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 008

Easter Treats Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 010

Easter Treats Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 019

2 comments:

Anne said...

Great Amanda ! Love it. Wish I had ideas like yours : - ) x

gagbush said...

Superb ideas! I am also getting driving training at Port Macquarie Driving School. Very soon I will also need the good wishes for passing the driving test. Anyways, your ideas are really creative my friend!