Wednesday 18 March 2015

Clean & Simple Indescribable Gift for Easter

Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 056
No guesses for which beautiful stamp set I have now got out in the craft room!
I was not going to buy this set – as I am a long-term collector/keeper of blossoms images – and I really thought that it was time to stop…!
But I had a few free £ to spend on an order – that is the bit I love about being a demonstrator! – free money to spend… so well… I just had to order it after all… shame!
Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 061
So my first share… is well… as clean and simple as you can go… but there is something special about it in the flesh!
I really don’t think it comes over in the photos… but you can feel those flowers and leaves… as I used part of the Paper Tole technique. Have to admit that as soon as Splitcoast Stampers posted this Weekly Tutorial – I immediately pulled out this stamp set… it just cries out to be used with this technique!
I didn’t do any cutting…as I am not really safe to be let loose with a craft knife!
So I just used the thin ball end of my embossing stylus on the front/stamped face to go around the edges of the flowers and leaves. That creates the shape of the images onto the back of the panel. Then I turned the panel over and – with the thick Stampin Pierce foam mat placed underneath – I  used the thick ball end to shape within those image areas…
Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa 059
Result popped up images without any fuss! Adds such great texture to such a simple card… Great technique, must be tried!
SU! Products Used
Stamps – Indescribable Gift
Inks – Memento Black, Rose Red & Aquapainter, Soft Sky & Aquapainter
Markers – Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Pistachio Pudding
Cardstock – Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Whisper White

No comments: