Saturday 31 October 2015

Festive Fireplace Centre Step Easel Card

This is actually the version of this card everyone made in classes...
Some where along the way I decided it needed a more homely feel...
So I switched the white furniture & fire to being stamped on & cut from Crumb Cake... we also had some Crumb Cake stockings and bows which also looked really nice... but I seem to have misplaced (or mis-filed!) the photos...
Tutorial  posted for this variant of the Centre Step Easel Card yesterday...  Enjoy!

And I was asked a question about folding & putting the card in an envelope...

Basically you have 3 options... my preference is to use a larger C5 envelope...for 2 main reasons...
(1) I have them so I can!
(2) I think that the recipient is more likely to pull the card out of the envelope, see the tab and pop the centre step section of the card behind it!..

I think the other 2 methods will confuse anyone but a card maker! Same as with all easel cards! Though I did see a "sticker" on the web that you can print and add to assist the recipient when sending an easel card!

So here is my preferred larger envelope method.... no sticker required...

And here are 2 methods of folding and putting in a standard C6 envelope...

Firstly to pop the base/easel section behind the step card (note photo/card upside down so you can see that base section behind!)

And secondly to fold the base up over the front...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for doing this extra post on folding the card for mailing!! Now I have to get busy and make some of these!!