Wednesday 17 February 2016

Gold Birthday Blooms.... and new Weekly Deals...

Whilst I was finishing off my cards from last Quarterly Training... I stamped a couple more...and had a bit of a play....

And this one I love.... though the photos really don't do it justice...

The flowers are coloured using the Gold Wink of Stella pen... I scribbled the gold Wink of Stella on a clear block and just added a bit of water to it ... and used the Aqua Painter to colour in my flowers... The seed heads were then coloured in using the Gold Wink of Stella pen direct.... It is very subtle ...but stunning! 

Especially when I winked over the top with my clear Wink of Stella pen! Subtle pale gold shine became VERY sparkly.... a complete WOW in the flesh!

And then I didn't stop there.... I paper-toled the flowers (again no craft knife being involved...)... so it has texture as well as shine... complete feel-ability on a card! Double WOW... 
Though you may have to try one of your own to see how good this combination is!!!

Oh and before I go.... check out this week's Weekly Deals.... some items on quite a few Wish List's on there....



5 comments:

Katydid Cards said...

What a clever idea to add water to Wink of Stella and use it to water color. It looks stunning on your card!

Amanda said...

Thank you Connie... Definitely worth a go...love my gold wink of Stella pen used in this way.....

Joyce Costa said...

Gorgeous card! I would like to try this; however, could you tell me how you "paper toled" the flower? Thank you. Joyce

Amanda said...

Thanks Joyce.... If you hit the word "paper tole" in the post it will take you straight to the SpliCoast Stampers tutorial that inspired me... However I did not use the scary craft knife!!

Amanda said...

Actually I kind of lied Joyce.... The word Paper Toled in this post takes you to a previous post of mine where the word Paper Tole takes you to the Splitcoast tutorial....