Sunday 2 March 2014

Envelope Punch Board–Mini Series #4

2014_02_Envelope Punch Board Project by Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire, UK  (25)

And these were the last projects we did with our Envelope Punch Board this month – though I took a bit of a risk here….. I had 2 ladies make 16/18 Christmas crackers in our last session before Christmas – so I thought they may not be happy with me at this point!!!! But I left the room unscathed….. it was OK……

I will admit that this was the first project I made with my Board when it arrived – it was noticeable during our demo pre-order month that we all went cracker mad with it – but it is just SO GOOD for making lovely little crackers…… or bon-bons as they are called elsewhere in Europe….

I used this brilliant step by step picture tutorial of Sara Rayners – as you get 4 crackers from a piece of 12x12 paper… which seems to make sense to me!! Thank you Sara…. The only thing I changed was Steps 3-5 as I added a quick short cut!! I lined up & punched each section at the 1 1/2” score –mark…. and then moved the paper across to the left and lined up at 4 1/2” & punched. Then I unfolded and refolded and repeated for the next section…. then I didn ‘t need the separate Step 5…..

The shaped ends were also made using the punch board…it was a bit of a Eureka moment for me at the time…though I am sure that it will have been done before…. I just made up the cracker…. put the ends up into the punch… the 2 paper thicknesses at a time… lined up the section in the centre of the punch and punched… then repeated for the other side… and then the other end. Hope that makes sense!! If not – please feel free to comment below and I will make another, photo those steps – and add to the post another day…..

And a few other views/alternatives….. Again the decoration was kept as simple as simple can be…. all about learning how to use the Punch Board in this class……

Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, Envelope Punch Board Cracker, 2014_02 001 (3)

2014_02_Envelope Punch Board Project by Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire, UK  (24)

2014_02_Envelope Punch Board Project by Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire, UK  (22)

SU! Products Used

Envelope Punch Board!

Stamps – Label Love

Punches – SAB Banner Punch; Artisan Label

Thread – SAB Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack – Pool Party or Crisp Canteloupe

Paper – Sweet Sorbet

No comments: