Friday 6 June 2014

Frugal Crafter Tip & Silver Wedding Anniversary Card

Flowering Flourishes, Silver Wedding Anniversary, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (1)

I had a special request for a Silver Wedding Anniversary card for my June classes. So I quickly designed one using my new go-to stamp set of Flowering Flourishes (not retiring-yippee!) … along with my old favourites Mr & Mrs (retiring and out of stock! Sorry!!) and Memorable Moments (not retiring).

Look at all that silver foil shine…..

 Flowering Flourishes, Silver Wedding Anniversary, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (2)

The background of the card is very subtle but gorgeous…so here is a close up… just flourishes stamped at random on the Smoky Slate  card blank using Whisper White & Smoky Slate. Then covered with some of the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in silver. So effective…

Flowering Flourishes, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014-05 (3)

And you will note that I have done something very unusual for me…. diamond not square central panel…! Well the Mr & Mrs had to be fit in somehow!!

And a quick tip for you frugal crafters out there….. I got 8 silver foil mounts out of one piece of 4x4”.

1. Place all your 7 Square Framelits carefully within each other and sellotape together

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (5)

2. Cut a 4” Square piece of Silver Foil card

3. Place your Framelit bundle over the cardstock.

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (1)

4. Die cut

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (3)Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (2)

5. Separate your 8 frames/mounts. 8 foil mounts ready for use….
Note the largest 4” Square one is from outside the Framelits   … don’t throw that one away… that can be used too! It is the one used in this card…..

Frugal Crafter, Square Mounts Tip, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014_06 (4)

Not sure my Square Framelit dies are going to be separated now!!

 

2 comments:

Kate M said...

Fantastic design Amanda and I love your frugality - now why didn't I think of this!! But I will certainly do it now!!
xx

Jill said...

Definitely an idea to try - thanks!