Wednesday 7 January 2015

Something old, something new, something borrowed & something blue

Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue - Something Lacy by Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa,  (1)

But this blog post has nothing to do with weddings…

So really I should have said …hi Something Lacy. This is a new background stamp in the new Spring & Summer catalogue just released ( see Page 43). And it is definitely a favourite of mine…. LOVE LOVE LOVE. SO I had to quickly share…. then I will go back to plotting my SAB Clubs & Spring Summer Catalogue product shares. More on those very soon…..

But I thought I would do something a bit different to the normal white background… so it is stamped in Memento Black on Sahara Sand…with colouring of accents of blues (Soft Sky, Pool Party & Lost Lagoon), greys (Smoky Slate, Basic Grey) , browns (Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake) & a dash of white gel pen thrown in to highlight….

Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue - Something Lacy by Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa,  (3)

For the hi… I used my old Larger Than Life alphabet (an all time favourite!) – inked up the letters in Sahara Sand then “kissed” the letters on the Something Lacy stamp inked up with Memento Black – so as to borrow the ink! And then I stamped onto the Sahara Sand panel. Colouring done the same way as on the main panel

Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue - Something Lacy by Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa,  (4)

A bit more of the blues -  Lost Lagoon ribbon and matting onto Soft Sky then Lost Lagoon – and there you have it. Something Lacy with Something old, something new, something borrowed & something blue…..

I am not sure that the photo does the card justice.. but I am sure that you will get the idea….

2 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you have coloured this image. I have resisted the new lacy background stamp, but this makes me re-think it! Thanks - I think ;-)
Hugs xx

Karen Watts said...

Ooh this stamp arrived yesterday. Love what you have done with it. Thanks for the inspiration. k x