Thursday 11 June 2015

Wild About Flowers...and NEW Thick Whisper White Card!


New THICK Whisper White card… New stamp sets… new quick & simple makes!

First of all the stamp sets… Wild About Flowers and Watercolour Wash… a match made in heaven for those that like silhouettes over a watercolour background… bang on trend!

And a quick tip for how I used the Watercolour Wash BIG background stamp... inked up & stamped in Soft Sky first, then inked up just the top part of the stamp and stamped the Mint Macaron over the top at the bottom...was just easier that way!

Same card...Two ways...
Some like it clean around the edges....
Some like it overlapping the edges...

And I have to laugh at myself (again!) ... I meant to do a matching One Layer Card ... but I got a bit carried away with testing out stamping side by side on Whisper White and Thick Whisper White - so I forgot!! I even searched through the samples I had made...as I was sure I had.... but no....

Colour combi... Mint Macaron, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon & Wisteria Wonder...

And now for a quick review of Amanda’s number 1 product in the new 2015-16 Annual Catalogue! 

Yes Thick Whisper White card stock! I have been waiting SO long. And yes I have been one of those on the relentless treadmill of “we want thick white for card blanks pretty please!” at every opportunity Stampin’ Up! has given us to comment on products for the last 7 years… So thank you Stampin’ Up!

And I am not disappointed…. It is thick enough to use for card blanks, it scores well, it stamps up well and it works well with the water-colouring techniques I have tried so far. It also doesn’t have the slight sheen that the Whisper White does – which has its advantages for some projects.

In fact I am surprised to report that it stamped up as well as the normal Whisper White – I couldn’t actually tell a difference with my side-by-side test…. Though I will still continue to use my beloved Whisper White for stamping as I think that solid images will work better on it….

So all in all Thick Whisper White is pretty perfect in my eyes!
And I am delighted to be able to do large & one layer cards again… I have missed those in my repertoire…. 

No comments: