Thursday 13 August 2015

Timeless Elegance Shadow Box Frame Card

 
Well I couldn't do a Fancy Folds Class without a Shadow Box Frame Card could I...!? Actually it is the Box Frame card that the ladies particularly want to learn to do....

Tutorial for this version here... And incredibly that tutorial blog post has just hit my Top 10 posts of all time! In just 3 months...

Back to the cards... Two options for the ladies to choose from... mute or vivid!! Actually - I lie - there are 3 versions in the room they can choose from! 3rd one already shared here...

So first the vivid version! I didn't know when I selected the Timeless Elegance for this class... but the ladies have a particular passion and love for poppies!! So I just had to oblige....
Well Timeless Elegance certainly delivered those in abundance! So I really hope they like this colourful version! These flowers are all cut out from the one sheet of paper.... love that sheet! Equally stunning with no colour... but more on that another day!
I kept the colours mainly within the In Color collections - so Watermelon Wonder/Basic Black for the Poppies, Mint Macaron for the leaves and Lost Lagoon and Delightful Dijon for the small flowers. All coloured in using my trusty Aquapainter.

I have also used Tip Top Taupe for the mat & background stamping and Early Espresso for the greeting.
But the coolest bit...well this is a true 3D card - 3 layers of flowers and leaves - don't know if you can see this in the photo!
And then there is the Mute version... clean and simple in a box!
Same background stamping... but a Watercolor Wings large Butterfly behind a Tip Top Taupe die cut Butterfly Basics butterfly... 

But just realised... I need to quickly add some pearls to the butterfly! Has to be finished off...

And the inside of the card is just kept simple... Mint Macaron fern leaves from Butterfly Basics...inked, stamped, stamped again. Tip Top Taupe postmark. And Early Espresso greeting from my favourite hostess set of all time - Happy Birthday Everyone...
So there you have it. Loving these Timeless Elegance papers - right up my Craft Spa street!!!
Fancy making these cards for yourself...? And finding the tutorials a bit too much!! Well - if you are fairly local to Yorkshire - I hold Private Classes as well as my regular monthly classes  - here in Great Ouseburn (between Harrogate and York) - just get yourself and some friends together to visit me and create cards like this.... just contact me to arrange a date. 

Stampin Up! Supplies
Stamps - Butterfly Basics, Watercolor Wings, Happy Birthday Everyone
Papers - Timeless Elegance
Dies - Butterflies, Bold Butterflies, Squares
Tools - Simply Scored scoreboard

No comments: