Thursday 3 September 2015

Hearth & Home and Festive Scenes - Looking outside again!

 
Another simple as simple can be... but I have to admit that this is one of the favourite cards I have made... it is simple but stunning in the flesh.... and one that will probably make it to the family annual Christmas card bulk make....

This is a card where I have to thank Stampin' Up! SO MUCH...for finally bringing us Thick Whisper White cardstock... as I can finally revert to my simple on layer(ish) style side ...with a great quality white card in terms of card bases and stamping quality too ... 
Simple stamping of the Happy Scenes image three times across the card...using the fantastic new Archival Basic Black ink pad

Masking off the images below the snow line ( I make a template by just stamping one image on a piece of card and cutting along that snow line!) and sponging using Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon inks.
Adding the snowflakes (open blobs!) using Lost Lagoon ink. Colouring in the snowflakes and snow on the trees with the white Signo gel pen...

Adding glitter on the snowflakes and snow on trees "inside the window image" using the Dazzling Details glue 
Archival Black greeting. (also in Happy Scenes) 
Die cut Hearth & Home window 3D foamed to add depth... 

And all finished off with a Lost Lagoon coloured Snowflake element and an Iced Rhinestone embellishment. My two favourite NEW embellishments for Christmas....
Hope you like this simple card as much as I do!?

2 comments:

Anne said...

It may be simple but it's fab. X

Amanda said...

Thanks Anne....