Tuesday 24 November 2015

Sleigh Ride Trifold Trio - Part 3 - and the Tutorial

Another day...
Another variant of my simple Tri Fold card...
The simplest of them all...
Just Score, Fold, Cut and go...
 
And note - I had to re-make this card in a real rush... as my sample had disappeared from the house....
If I had had any spare time today - I would have re-made it again... the left side would have been higher and the right side lower - this making the left flap stronger as the card is opened out - and less of an overhang at the left. I would also have remembered to add some glue & glitter - doh!
The featured tri-fold card for this Trio of Cards is simple...and seeing as it a Tuesday Tips & Tutorials post today.... here are the details...

Just take a 9.9 cm X A4L piece of card (or for my US readers 4" x 12"card)

Place it LANDSCAPE onto your trimmer...

Score at 9.9cm from either side (US 4")

See...simples!!

Die cut the sides as necessary...just make sure that your die only just touches the relevant score-line ( as you don't want any cuts on the back!) and then the top part of the scoreline is just trimmed down from the top to the die cut line using scissors or trimmer...
For the first card...
Bone fold flat...
Stick sides down...
Stick onto square card blank... ( 10.5cm Square blank from A4 card or 4 1/4" Square from US standard card)

For the second card...
Stretch the side flaps with your bone folder to add the curves
Stick sides down as finely as you can so as to retain the curves
Make a 1cm (3/8") deep Box Frame Card
Stick this card into the void...

For this third card...
Bone Fold Flat
Don't stick the sides down...
Leave the card as it is...
Small but sweet Fancy Fold Tri-Fold... opening up layer by layer...

And here is the round up shot! Note it isn't a trio of cards after all - but a Quad...

What I love about this basic card is that I can make a load of the simplest format... then... as and when I find some extra time - I can further decorate (or rather Box Frame it!) to my hearts content... so one card suits all!!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

MaryJo said...

Thank you so much for the US measurements!! I appreciate you taking the time to make this tutorial!! Need to give it a try.