Sunday 30 October 2016

The Ever So Glitzy Card

Now this is one you will love  - or loathe!! And the Christmas Pines greeting REALLY couldn't be more apt!!

I don't think that it will show in the photos ... but this card definitely sparkles and shines from across the room! And it is either the first stocking card picked up... or the last!!!

You may remember that I had intended to make a full-on Gold Glitter card when I shared this one for the Teams' October Sparkly Blog Hop.
Well I found my Heat & Stick powder and Gold Stampin' Glitter...so I started to make one... and then I got a bit diverted.... as I had to try out the Red Glitter Embossing Powder for a greeting... and then the Emerald Envy Glitter Embossing Powder for the holly leaves... and I happened to have a Gold Glimmer die cut stocking sitting there... and so it all got stuck together!

The Real Red background to the stocking is just the Real Red mat.. I just die cut a plain stocking aperture in the front white panel and stuck the gold glimmer one through....
But the Gold on Red die cut stocking proved way too much for me.... so I had to try to calm it all down... with a little bit of sticking scraps from the same die cut stocking in white...

So if you like full-on glitter for Christmas.... then this is the one for you!!!

Actually I think I may know the very person to send this one to for Christmas..... and as she is a regular visitor who always reads to the end.... can you guess who you are????? Actually... and I am laughing my head off now.... I can feel quite a few of you shaking in glitter fear now..... oh no... I may have to make some more!!!! Only a comment may save you from one of these!!!

6 comments:

Ann Lauzon said...

Hi Amanda,
I love this card...for me the more glitter the better...Ann in Canada

Amanda said...

Thanks Ann... Though you do almost need sunglasses with the amount of shine with this one!

Julie said...

Please, please save me lol !

Amanda said...

Lol! Consider yourself saved...but as for the others!!!

Karen Watts said...

Sarah Jane! Save me too. k x

Amanda said...

You have just managed to save yourself Karen! But I think you have alerted me to another potential recipient!!