Monday 27 March 2017

Beautiful You & Mediterranean Moments

Another Watercolor Pencil masterpiece! Built up from the same Shimmer White sized stamping panel & mat  - and using the Paper Piecing technique for the girl... as explained yesterday...

This Beautiful You girl was stamped... then masked... and then the scene stamped over... all using black Staz On...

And then I had to laugh at myself... as my dislike/inability? of colouring quickly evaporated....

I started off with a wash of grey for the road and sepia for the rest (aka Basic Gray and Early Espresso pencil & water Aqua painted off a plastic sheet again as explained here) And I intended to stop there...
Then I just thought I would add the Old Olive greenery...

Then came the Real Red pencil dot geraniums...

And then I just carried on... bit of sky... pots & lamps... bridges & window frames... drainpipes and fascias... all became more & more defined as I lost myself in the scene... And the moment!!

And here are the two cards together...
Can't wait to show you my next Mediterranean Moment!!! Which I am in the middle of... And I really must finish my Lovely as a Tree series first!!!

4 comments:

Belle said...

Love the Mediterranean Scene with Beautiful You.

Amanda said...

Thank you Belle... and yes they just work so well together...

kosuchowska78@gmail.com said...

Hi Amanda. I love it. Thank you for inspiration and tips how to use the stamps.

Amanda said...

Thank you Karla... and enjoy your Mediterranean Moments!