Friday 1 September 2017

Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop - A Colour Challenge

Welcome to the Global Stamping Friends September Blog Hop... you are with Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa in the UK... and I have a little card duo for you ...
Note that this is my second post today... scroll down  - or click here - for the new Autumn Winter Catalogue release and my special Launch Offers....

So we have a GSF Colour Challenge to share with you today... what can I say... right up my street!
And a perfect combination to introduce one of my favourite new bundles in the new Autumn Winter (aka Holidays aka Christmas) Catalogue... welcome to Brightly Lit Christmas and Christmas Lamppost dies... available as a bundle (with 10% off for the pair)
Brightly Lit Christmas Photopolymer Bundle
So starting off simply as is my way when starting with a new product! 

A masked and sponged panel in Pool Party and Night of Navy...
Die cut Smoky Slate Lamppost and lanterns... sponged very lightly with Smoky Slate on top and harder around the edges to add texture & definition... 

White die cut lamp-glass inserts behind (yes that is what the one die with 3 "flower pots" does! See bottom left corner in the product picture above) 

And finished off with a stamped and die cut label & bow...
The second card has the addition of Smoky Slate sponging to form a pavement... with a Basic Black stamped and hand cut lamppost so you can see the difference! And spot the add of the Pool Party water coloured glass...

I could have course have stamped this direct but I always like an excuse for a bit of fussy cutting at night! 
The sign holder is stamped direct in Basic Black... a stamped and die cut sign and bow to decorate... 

And I used a couple of die cut sign holders as a flourish for the bottom right hand side... love the effect! I could have course have stamped these instead...
Don't forget to click here and check out the New Catalogue and/or my Launch Offers if you are in the UK...

And now it is time to pass you onto the lovely and very talented Jenn over in California, USA... just click on the arrow! Until next time...

Blog Roll Call

18. Amanda Bates (YOU ARE HERE)

22 comments:

Rach83 said...

These cards are just amazing! The inked area behind the lamp posts gives great dimension. I love that bundle but haven't had a chance to play yet but that's my tomorrow sorted! Thanks for sharing.

Jan Musselman said...

Amanda, You have such a way with scenic elements. I stand in awe. I totally love the sky/twilight look.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Amanda this colour challenge was made for you! Love your cards - I have this bundle but not broken the seal on it yet, so nice to see some festive inspiration! Love the scroll detail on the corner of the second card too - perfectly balances the lamp post. Gorgeous!

Ellen Woodbridge said...

Wow Stunning cards

Stamp with Shar said...

I love your cards, very pretty. TFS

Tricia Butts said...

I simply love your cards. You have been thinking I just have to have this bundle.

Amanda said...

Thanks Rachel...hope you did get chance to play today!

Amanda said...

Thanks Jan...yes I'd enjoy creating a scene!

Amanda said...

Thanks Joanne... can't wait to have another play with the bundle!

Amanda said...

Thanks Ellen...

Amanda said...

Thanks Sharleen...

Amanda said...

Thanks Tricia...

Unknown said...

WOW is all that I can say. This is such a great card

Junebug Creations said...

Beautiful cards!! This was not a set I was considering...until now. Thank you!

Amanda said...

Thanks June... and sorry! But you won't regret it I am sure!

Amanda said...

Thanks Christina....

Stephanie Nash said...

Wow! Great cards. I may need to get this set now after seeing your samples. TFS

Amanda said...

Thanks Steph.. my pleasure!!

Jenn Charles said...

Fantastic card! I love the way you did your background...it really "glows"! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Thanks Jennifer.... and my pleasure....

procrastistamper said...

Ooooooh, I really love this look...almost makes me want that Bundle! Thanks for sharing :-D

Amanda said...

Thank you Kimberley... and my pleasure!