Tuesday 31 October 2017

Student Desk & Shelf Bench Fold Card for my son,Joe at Swansea University

The penultimate card... for my own dear son, Joe this time...so a few more details to share with you! He may indeed not be happy with me ... at all!!

Though I promise that I will now give you a Desk & Shelf Card break for a few days.. as...
(A) I am now back home after a visit to Swansea for the last few days!
(B) Tomorrow is a new month so plenty of news to share!
(C) I have been waiting a while for the photos for the last noticeboard!! In fact as I write this post... prior to my trip to Swansea... I still haven't got them...
So Joe is studying Computer Sciences at Swansea University in sunny Wales... so quite a few hours away from us... 5-7 hours depending on traffic!

But a beautiful part of the world on his doorstep... not many universities that are right next to the beach! And he does have a view of the sea and Swansea Bay from his room...

So Joe's room is brand new... with a very modern square-ish shaped Lemon Lime Twist chair... so the little glass die in the Seasonal Layers dies came in super useful for cutting that modern notch! And thank goodness Stampin' Up! introduced the colour this year...

He also has Smoky Slate furniture... white/slate walls... and a Dapper Denim carpet & noticeboard...
And I couldn't resist a few extra details on his card... first up the Game of Thrones coasters on his desk... these were left at home and new coasters bought for his new adventure... as no-one is allowed to put a drink on his desk without the coaster(s) in place! I think it is a full set of 8... until I hid a few as I realised that the empty glasses came down to the dishwasher quicker if he had less coasters!!
Secondly a very special little bear on his notice board... Brussels Bear... who came all the way from... Brussels, Belgium... when Joe was just a few weeks old...

Or should I call him... Brussels-e-Moji... I just couldn't resist the Leaf Punch tears on his face... and a Classic Label Punch/ Thoughtful Banners Missing You greeting... aw!!!
And as I think I forgot to say before... the chair frames are produced from the Adirondack chair die in the Seasonal Layers die set... as I one said.. I believe this to be the most creative die in the world (and I have not used it as a garden/beach chair yet!)... it never lets me down!

4 comments:

Mary said...

You are so, so clever Amanda. Your creations are just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Amanda said...

Aw thanks Mary... and my pleasure!

Zoe Tant said...

WOW how fantastic is this Amanda. It will have brought a huge smile to Joe's face I'm sure. Love it. Zoe x

Amanda said...

Thanks Zoe... shame I won't see his (and friends') faces.... last one still to finish...and then they are off!