Friday 1 December 2017

Festive Celebrations for Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our monthly blog hop from Amanda Bates at The Craft Spa in the UK... featuring Festive Celebrations...

Now I do like to celebrate the Festive period with a special advent calendar and a 12 Days of Christmas project each year... and although I have creations from through the years that get re-used... this year was time for a new 12 Days of Christmas project... or as it is known in my house... my 12 Gins of Christmas treat! And boy is it a treat each year!
I also like to make these for friends and family as a special treat to open and savour through the next 12 days of the festive period... so it also becomes the 12 Drinks of Christmas treat for the menfolk... featuring Port and/or Whiskies mainly! Or just 12 Treats of Christmas for the younger ones... featuring mainly chocolate! They always go down very well!
So take 12 test tubes... fill with whatever the recipient will most fancy... and pop in beautifully but simply decorated packaging... care of the Treat Tubes, Acetate C6 Card Boxes, Christmas Around the World paper, Stitched Felt embellishments and Jute Twine with numbers 1-12 care of my PC and a 1/2" circle punch...

Love how those back tubes appear to be floating in mid air....
And now it is time to say goodbye from me and thank you for visiting me today... and pass you onto the lovely Kristie in the USA ... just click on the arrow below to go straight there...
And here is the Blog Roll List if you prefer to hop that way - or in the event of any broken links...:

10. Amanda Bates (YOU ARE HERE!!)

14 comments:

procrastistamper said...

Okay, so how exactly DID you get the back test tubes to look like they are floating up like that? Did you trim a bit from one side of the acetate box to slide down into the bottom of the other? Adorable project, wish I could sample the 12 gins! Thanks for sharing :-D

Amanda said...

Can't wait to fill them! But particularly the sampling!

Tricia Butts said...

Love this idea so much. What a great way to use the acetate card boxes. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

Thank you Tricia.. I have a few other ideas for these card boxes... but in the New Year!

Jan Musselman said...

A seriously cute idea! I love the whole concept. Thank you!

Libby Dyson said...

I love how you've packaged these little treat tubes. Ingenious idea. Many thanks, Amanda

Unknown said...

Cute idea, I have a friend who's son is really into chemistry and he'd love this full of treats!

Amanda said...

Thank you Jan..It may be simple but one of my favourite Christmas projects this year!

Amanda said...

Thank you Libby...It may be simple but one of my favourite Christmas projects this year! Just wish the treat tubes were carrying over now!

Amanda said...

Thank you Karie.... and what a great idea....

Amanda said...

Great way to show off those treat tubes. I have some that I haven't used yet, thanks for he inspiration.

Amanda said...

Thank you Amanda... I have now become a bit obsessed with the tubes...so many ideas...such little time!!

Marieke Bart said...

Beautiful display! TFS

Amanda said...

Thank you Marieke... they will be even better when filled!!