Monday 7 May 2018

The Garage Card Part 2

So this is how I finished off the Garage card that I started and shared here last Friday...

Loving the Barn Door doors and wrought iron hardware! So glad I purchased this bundle... especially as the stamps and the dies are carrying over to the new 2018-19 Annual Catalogue... though remember that the current 10% bundle discounts do not carry over... so purchase now if you want any of the current stamp & die/punch bundles with 10% discount...

Back to the card... just an added trimmed Soft Suede panel (14.8W x 15.8cmH) to the back.... so the final card fits in a 16.5cm square envelope... plus an extra trimmed Hardwood stamped panel (14 x 5cm) on top of that... They end up sitting really flush... so it is a very neat finished project... This method will be used again...
I left the inside the same... ie really simple... as I want everyone to be able to finish off the decoration with their husband/father/son ... or even daughter in mind (as I know one will be used as a Driving Test congratulations card)... and I know there will be a few Sheds, Potting Sheds, Man Caves... and even Craft Sheds too!

Mine will either have a super sporty car front with a car registration number personalised for my Dad... or a photo of one of his first cars... which will be a difficult choice as he is  - and has always been- a car-loving-man... I could even do a car collage stretching over all 3 inside faces!!
Trimming the extra panels to the apex shape is easy enough... just mark the centre point of the larger panel (at the top) at 7.4cm...lay your gatefold card blank on top...and draw in the 2 lines from either top edge of the gatefold up to the centre mark... and then cut...

Then you can use this to draw and then cut the smaller stamped panel shape...

Though it is even easier for my ladies... as they have a couple of templates to work with....
So the base card is just a 10.5cm x A4L piece of Soft Suede card scored LANDSCAPE at 7.4cm from either side (and I think 4" x 11", scored at 2 3/4" LANDSCAPE from either side from US Letter would be closest - with extra 5 1/2" W x 6 1/4" H  plus 5 1/4" W x 2" H panels... and mark the centre/top at 2 3/4" for your apex)

And the Basic Black panel is 8.5 x 13.2cm ( US Letter 4 3/4" x 3 1/4") to line up with the Barn Door size...

Barn Doors all stamped using Soft Suede ink on Soft Suede cardstock... and then sponged around the edges to add more definition... Though I could have used Wood Textures papers as they were part of the class kit!! I just (stupidly) completely forgot as the creative moment took me... doh...

And a Basic Black stamped greeting from retiring Guy Greetings finishes the card off... still the best male sentiments stamp set ever...

No comments: