Tuesday 3 November 2015

Hearth & Home Tardis Tutorial

For all you Dr Who Loving fans... and as it is Tuesday Tips, Tricks & Tutorials today - a tutorial as promised a while ago! Knew I would get there eventually.... 

A simple enough little box & lid  - just dressed up with another version of my doors...
But before I start... here are the links to a couple more versions...

New 2016-18 In Colour Dapper Denim version made for On Stage Telford display in April 2016...
One with more authentic signage...

Recipe
Box - Night of Navy A4 Card (or 12" x 8 1/4")
Lid - Night of Navy 4 3/8" Square (11.3cm); Basic Black 2 1/2" x 3/8" (x4) [6.4 x 1cm]

Directions for Box
1. LANDSCAPE. Score 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4" & 11" (7,14,21, 28cm)

2. PORTRAIT. Score 1 3/4" (4.5cm)

3. Dart base sections & adhere together as an open box

4. Die cut 8 Night of Navy windows. Snip and glue! Note - do retain your cut off parts...

This is just another version of my doors... This time the 2 windows are adhered together using just one thin section (rather than the thicker 3 sections on the original doors) and those final centre panes are not snipped to make the long inside panels ie the window panes are left as they are!

5. Pick up 9 Whisper White window panes ( know you have lots of these lying around by now!)

I sponged 8 of them using Soft Sky and then used my Night of Navy marker pens to draw in the lines.

As I was doing a few...I drew on my grid paper to aide my lining up... on the centimetres side... my 2 vertical lines are at 0.8 and 1.6cm ( about 1/3" & 2/3") - and my 1 horizontal line is at 1.5cm ( almost 5/8")

And the 9th was stamped with the Celebrate the Season stamp from the Happy Scenes stamp set - one word at a time...

Directions for Lid
1. Score 3/4" (2cm) on all 4 sides

2. Dart 2 lines on 2 opposing sections & adhere together using the tabs

3. Die cut 4 Night of Navy planters

4. Pick up 4 x 3-section Night of Navy window cut offs - adhere to planters

5. Ink up & stamp Whisper White POLICE BOX using your Rotary Stamp Alphabet (x4) on the 4 black panels...

6. Die cut 2 x Night of Navy Small Festive Fireside Tags & adhere together

7. Die cut 2 x Night of Navy Perfect Pines plant pots. Score & bone fold at 1/8" (3mm) from straight edge. Adhere notched edges to either side of your double tags and use the scored sections to adhere to your lid.  Add a large Iced Rhinestone embellishment to finish
8. Decorate with boughs and stockings for the season! My stockings are just coloured using Old Olive and Real Red marker pens. And the boughs are stamped on Old Olive - using Mossy Meadow ink pad plus over-colouring of Early Espresso marker on the cones - stamped - and then the cones coloured in with my Tip Top Taupe marker . And Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details for the berries...


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

Shelly said...

ooo weeee ooooo!!!! I love the doctor! Thanks so much for sharing it. When I finally get around to do this, I'll link it to your blog!
hugs, Shelly xxx

Amanda said...

Thanks & Look forward to seeing your version Michelle...Enjoy!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so.....much for sharing! I am going to try to make these for table favors for Christmas filled with sweeties. My guys all love the doctor. Sending some sunshine from Texas

Amanda said...

Thank you Elizabeth...sunshine needed! What a fab idea...would love to see your Christmas table covered in Tardii.... Enjoy!