Monday 22 May 2017

Mixed Drinks In the Bar... Cheers! Bench Fold Card #4

A simpler dressing of the Tool Bench card that I shared here

Click HERE to go and order the tutorial (s)... !
Back to today's card.... suitable for the man in your life that is "drinki-dextrous" and likes a pint (or two) of beer and is rather partial to Champagne (or Prosecco) too... or for a couple of friends that you just like a drink with!

This was a quick make with a re-made Tool Bench card for the Tutorial photos.... I am sure you will see an alternative (prettier and more dressed) version at some point....

Things to spot....

(1) Reversed pint of beer to the left...

I just grabbed a larger-than-the-glass photopolymer stamp... and placed it upside down in front of me (so looking at the flat back of the stamp)...

I inked up the glass stamp using Memento Black (Archival Black didn't work interestingly! and don't use Staz On...) and stamped on the reverse of the larger upside-down stamp and then quickly stamped the "flat back stamp" onto my white card...Eureka!

I did however then have to re-stamp my right hand beer glass in Basic Grey... as there was too much difference compared to the originally stamped Memento Black version....
(2) The previous workbench top has become a table.... just sticking my panels in a different order... front sides then top in this case...

(3) Bubbles coming out of the Champagne flutes... again care of the Playful Backgrounds stamp set that I didn't know what to do with originally... I have to thank the very talented Shannon Lane in Canada for this clever idea... pop over to see her gorgeous card using this concept and the Mixed Drinks set...

(4) Champagne is stamped with Gold Wink of Stella (sadly not available in Europe anymore!).... I brushed the Gold WOS onto the stamp and stamped....

(5) The Gold WOS was also used over the beer to make it all shimmer... and then the Clear Wink of Stella over the glass areas of the 4 glasses...

So Cheers! And remember that the step by step Tutorial(s) are now available here for these Bench Fold Cards... with the full lowdown on how to make the Kitchen Range (AGA), BBQ and Tool Bench designs...

Stampin Up! Products Used
Papers - Urban Underground (not available)
Card - Crumb Cake, Thin Whisper White
Inks - Memento Black, Delightful Dijon 
Other - Gold Wink of Stella (not available), Clear Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Tina Kolivopoulos said...

I love this kind of card! So inspiring!
Thanks!

Ann Lauzon said...

oh wow Amanda...I love it...Ann in Canada

Amanda said...

Hope you have been stamping extra beer glasses Ann....

Amanda said...

Thank you Tina.... I do have to admit that this card fold has inspired me lots too! Just need more hours in the day now....